Friday, August 26, 2011

My first handspun!

I've got so many things to learn.. so many things to try.. but, so little time to accomplish all of them! Spinning has been on my radar for a long time and I purchased a drop spindle spinning kit on Etsy on a whim. It arrived promptly and I gave the spindle a try.. Oh! why-oh-why did I do that?! I've been enjoying it immensely..so much so that spinning should be made illegal! ;-) Remember the spinning in progress I showed you here? What happened to it, you might ask. It became this positively fugly yarn..



I don't think I'll use this yarn.. I'll keep it as a reminder of how far I've come in spinning as time goes.. I spin for minimum of half an hour every evening to get more practice and I can see the improvement in the consistency of my drafting skills. I've got a long way to go before I can spin the yarn I want.. but, I'm getting there in baby-steps.. I have started spinning the hand-dyed roving that came with the kit and here is a sad night-time photo of the progress..



Then, I made some quilled cards to send with a few packages.. I love how simple and easy this craft is.. definitely an easy way to personalize your gifts and mails..




I have a few more cards to make before I can mail those packages out.. :-) I've got a busy day tomorrow! Hope you all have a lovely weekend!

-Josie

This post is linked to FO Fridays hosted by Tami's Amis. Go here or click on the image below for more FOs on a Friday.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. I would love to hear what you have to say...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...