Friday, February 10, 2012

House on a pillow!

Are you wondering what happened to the house sampler I talked about here ? Well.. it got itself a pair and they both became cushion covers. ;-) I started the sampler on a whim and it took its own course and ended up as this.

I used the reversed design for the second sampler. The pattern is from September House called ScandiStitches. I had these polka dot fabric in my stash and everything fell into place in the end. Here is a close-up of the sampler while it was on the hoop.

Its a pretty house. Isn't it? I used simple back stitches and French knots for this sampler. I winged the design for the cushion cover and it fits a 16 inch pillow form nicely. I made the covers as envelope style cushion covers, the simplest kind.

These were made as a gift for a friend and I had a tough time packing these as a gift. I so wanted to keep them for myself. ;-) Oh! Don't worry. I did send it to her and she has received it too. See! I'm not a bad girl after all! I like projects like this that turn out nicer than how I visualize when I start them.

Do you have projects like this..that turned out beyond your expectations? Do you have a link to it? I'd like to see projects that pleasantly surprised you..


This post is linked to Creative Friday hosted by Natural Suburbia and FO Fridays hosted by Tami's Amis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. I would love to hear what you have to say...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...